Sunday 4 November 2007

Beading fun

Went to a class at our local bead shop yesterday and made this (click on it for a bigger image to see the detail):

This is the first time I've tried making a linked necklace and it was a lot of fun and not as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest part was choosing which beads to use! I think variations of this necklace could be good Christmas presents this year. I haven't made the total handmade pledge but I am trying to make/bake as many of our presents this year as I can.

I am off out of town for work for a few days and in my rush to finish packing this morning I forgot to pack my camera or my knitting. So there won't be much happening on the craft front for a few days.

2 comments:

Jessicah said...

Chaining is fun! I like using all the random indian foil beads in the mix bowls on the table. Up until recently I had a friend working at the bead shop who passed along her 40% off discount!

Jessicah said...

But I just found a website: craftrunner.co.nz which has all the stuff you need super cheap! Check it out :)