For the last few years, a couple of craft bloggers in the US have run a huge handmade Christmas ornament swap. I found out about it too late to participate last year and have been thinking about signing up this year, but the cost of international postage has made me a bit reluctant to join in.
I mentioned this to Nikki last week at the Juniper craft night and she suggested I should run a New Zealand based swap instead. I’m hoping that there are some more of you out there who love handmade ornaments as much as me and want to participate.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Sign-up by sending me an email to luubeeluu at gmail dot com. You need to include your name and snail mail address, plus your blog if you have one. Signups will close on Friday 7th November. Sorry, but to limit postage costs, this swap will only be open to New Zealand residents.
2. I will assign you into a small group of 6-8 people and send you the addresses of everyone in your group. I will not send your address to anyone else.
3. You need to come up with an ornament design that you can easily replicate – it can be crafted however you like (knit, sew, crochet, embroider, print, gocco, paint etc), but it must be handmade.
4. Make enough ornaments for your group, and post one ornament to each person by Friday 12th December.
5. Sit back and wait to receive some wonderful handmade ornaments in the post just in time for Christmas.
If you need some inspiration for ideas, have a browse through the flickr group for the 2007 US swap.
This is the first swap I've run, so any swap veterans out there please let me know if I've missed anything.
Edit: Sign-ups now closed. Thanks for all the interest. I will email out the details for your group on Sunday 9th November.