Wednesday 20 August 2008

Stripy Hat

I knitted this hat to match the pink kimono cardigan I made for my niece, who is due in October. I didn't really use any one pattern, but consulted a couple of books to find out how many stitches to cast on. I think it's more like 9-month size than newborn size, but indications are that she is going to be a big baby (my brother is 6 foot 2), so maybe it will fit her sooner than I think.

I once again used the NZ Naturally merino et soie yarn I love so much. I wanted to use what was in my stash, hence the stripes since I didn't have enough of any one colour. But I think they work. I decided while I was knitting it that the bold stripes remind me of something out of Who-ville (from Horton Hears A Who).

4 comments:

sweetp said...

New blog header!! Very cute :D (or has that been there for awhile, mainly use my blog reader hehe). Anyway love the hat. Stripes look so cute on wee ones.

Heart Felt said...

Lovely colours! I love pink and green together. xx

Anonymous said...

It looks so squishy and warm! I'm sure bubs will love her ears being toasty warm- and if it doesn't fit for a while it will be just in time for next winter!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for using stripes because there's not enough yarn!
A knitter after my own heart.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca