Monday 5 May 2008

Stripy Scarf

Wow, it's been almost a week since I last posted. I have been a bit sick with a head cold and also busy at work (don't you hate it when you are too busy to take much time off? I managed a day but I could have done with several days at home.) Despite the fuzzy head, I still managed to get some craft projects finished over the weekend.

Here is my new winter scarf, just in time for the icy weather that has hit in the last week or so.



I think I linked to the pattern in an earlier post, but just in case, this is the one I used. A simple diagonal lace pattern that shows off the variegated yarn nicely. The yarn I used is called Hummingbird Calliope. It still needs another blocking to stop the sides curling in and to get the stripes nice and straight but I'm pleased with how it ended up.

3 comments:

Miss Smith said...

Mmmmmmm looks nice and cosy. How long is your scarf if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get the perfect scarf length for one that I'm planning to sew this week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf! The pattern really does show off the yarn!

The Stitching Surgeon said...

beautiful...i wish we had some icy weather here...it just keeps getting hotter and hotter :)