Thursday 20 March 2008

Winter Woollies

Last year I never got around to doing any winter knitting for me. I seemed to always be knitting things for other people. So this year I decided to get organised early...

Here's my new winter hat, knit from this pattern, using a nice thick felted merino. It's hard to get a good shot of me wearing it, but you get the idea.


I originally knit this wool up as another hat from a Yarn Girls book, but once it was finished I wasn't happy with the fit or the style so I completely ripped it out and started again on a different pattern. Luckily it knit up pretty quickly on 6mm circulars so I didn't feel like I'd wasted too much effort. And I much prefer this final product.

And here is the beginnings of a new scarf, from this pattern. Hopefully I will get some time to work on this while we are travelling around the Nelson region over Easter.

I'm really liking how this wool is knitting up. It is called Hummingbird Calliope, and is a discontinued line I picked up for $6 a ball. I think this scarf will provide a nice splash of colour next to my dark winter coat.

Thanks for your Nelson suggestions. I will try and take lots of photos of the crafty goodness to share with you next week.

Have a good Easter break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really nice. Wanna make me one? LOL.

sweetp said...

I really like the button you chose, very funky and I think it adds such a lovely touch to it. Have fun in Nelson. There are some great crafty places and cafes out Mapua way.And some nice wineries between Nelson and Picton (assume you are driving over?) if enjoy a nice NZ wine.

kimberlee said...

you new hat is impressive and looks good on you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey - your hat looks great! Really stylish.

x Helen