Monday, 10 March 2008

Marbled Brownie

Well, that was a bit of an unscheduled blogging break!

I was pretty busy at work last week and then had my cousin from England visiting at the weekend so didn't get much time to blog. I did get some baking and knitting done over the weekend though. I made the brownie mentioned in the title (see below) on Saturday when we had some friends over for dinner and spent a lot of the rest of the weekend gossiping with my cousin on the couch while we both knitted. She is a recent convert to knitting and I enjoying teaching her a few tricks and showing off some of my completed projects. She even managed to complete a project of her own (a mobile phone cosy) while she was here.

For dessert on Saturday I made marbled brownie. It doesn't look like much, but believe me, it was a deliciously dense chocolate and sugar overload.

The recipe is from here. You basically make a brownie mix and a cheesecake mix and then swirl them together. Divine. Luckily I had 6 people to feed so there aren't many leftovers hanging around to tempt me this week...

4 comments:

lovestitches said...

I'm crying little tears of happiness. Cheesecake! Yummmmmmmm. Brownies. Mmmmmm. Together? YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

kimberlee & Lies said...

Oh yum that sounds (and looks really) so yum. Sighghgh knitting is such fun eh. Glad you got to knit-chat w yr relative!
Lies

Amy said...

ooooohh, that looks good. I will have to give it a try next time I have chocolate in the pantry

Rebecca said...

Ooooh yum. I am drooling over that brownie, it looks devine! :D