Sunday 13 December 2009

Handmade holidays

The ornament swap was featured in a lovely article in yesterday's Dominion Post. Kimberley was writing a story about handmade ornaments and asked me if she could write about the ornament swap. It's great to see craft getting more and more of a profile in mainstream media. The craft revolution is gaining ground!
Here is a photo of the article. Click here to open a larger version that will allow you to read it on screen (use the magnifying glass button). Special thanks to Helen and Miss Smith, whose ornaments from last year's swap feature in the pictures, and to Kimberley of course, for including the swap in her story.
Edit: thanks to those of you who let me know you couldn't see the version on Flickr. It appears that if you are not a Flickr member, you can't see the large versions. Grrr. I hopefully have resolved the issue now by using Picasa web albums to host the large version.

4 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

How cool is that! i only wish I could read the whole artice - from the flickr photo I can only read the intro piece..

kudos to you for organising the whole thing.

Hannah said...

wow that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicola said...

Thanks so much for organising this swap, I've been part of it both years and already I'm planning what to make next year.....my tree rocks with all the gorgeous decorations I've received and I've had so much fun making things to send!

Little Miss Flossy said...

Hey that's great! Love those little red robots.