Sunday 25 October 2009

Handmade Christmas ornament swap for 2009

Edit: Sign-ups now closed. Thanks for all the interest! We have 56 participants this year. You should have an email with the details of your group by Sunday night.
***********************************************************************

Last year I ran a handmade Christmas ornament swap for kiwi participants. I had been wanting to participate in some of the US-based swaps, but the cost of international postage had put me off. The swap ended up being quite successful and I have decided to organise it again.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Sign-up by sending me an email to twentycentmixture at gmail dot com. You need to include your name and snail mail address, plus your blog if you have one. Signups will close on Friday 6th November. Sorry, but to limit postage costs, this swap will only be open to New Zealand residents.

2. I will assign you into a small group of 6-7 people and send you the addresses of everyone in your group. I will not send your address to anyone else.

3. You need to come up with an ornament design that you can easily replicate – it can be crafted however you like (knit, sew, crochet, embroider, print, gocco, paint etc), but it must be handmade (you can use a sewing machine though!).

4. Make enough ornaments for your group, and post one ornament to each person by Friday 11th December.

5. Sit back and wait to receive some wonderful handmade ornaments in the post just in time for Christmas.

If you need some inspiration for ideas, have a browse through the flickr groups for last year's NZ swap and the 2008 US swap.

15 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Woohoo - in with a grin!

Hannah said...

ive been waiting for this anouncement :) im so in i LOVED it last year

Kiwi family on adventure said...

Hell yes! I have already decided what I am doing. But didn't want to bug you during study... :)

Jo's Place said...

I'm in, yesterday I was looking at the photo's on Flickr drooling over the lovely creations everyone made. I love Christmas :)

sewfunky said...

Thanks for the email reminder - I'm definitely in! :)

Miss Smith said...

Yep, count me in. My tree is holding its breath already.

Ahipara Girl said...

Feeling another Polynesian themed ornament coming on. Love these Louise. Rachelle Toimata

Bam Bam Creative said...

I'm so in! Love it, will e-mail you soon =)

Sarah said...

I'm diving on in too, this will be welcome relief post exams! Thanks for organising this.

Stitchbird said...

Yes please, I loved doing this last year - the making and the anticpation involved! I haven't set up my blog yet but I have started a new business if you wish to take a peek www.stitchbirdfabrics.co.nz it only went live this week!

Skipapple said...

Ooh yay... count me in too :) My email is on it's way!

Jo Ashcroft said...

This is so coo, please count me in. Email just sent!

Cat said...

Looks like fun - I sent an email through yesterday too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Saw all the lovely things last year so would love to be in this year! Cheers x

Franda said...

Hi! I signed up for this on the 5th :)
When will we be getting more info about it, and the names and addresses of our swap buddies? :)
Cant wait to start!