Friday 13 March 2009

We are learning to knit


Gosh, it has been two weeks since I posted. I am buried in assignments and coursework and I don't think it's going to let up anytime soon. Suffice to say, I'm not getting much crafting done these days. But I'm getting my craft fix where I can. One of my assignments for this week was to design and deliver a 10 minute lesson to a small group of my peers. We could chose anything we liked. I taught my group to knit. The knitting army has hopefully grown by three new members...

5 comments:

Miss Smith said...

I can't wait to read their blogs..."I learned to knit from this crafty chick in my class at teacher's college..."

I think your future classes will be so lucky to have you for a teacher! I love that you're spreading the crafting joy around...

sweetp said...

Great idea!! Hope the study is going well xx

Anonymous said...

I wish you were teaching my year 3 boy!

Mary Nanna said...

Ah brings back memories (was a teacher in former life) .. also could double as part of sustainability curriculum .. the time it takes you to knit anything versus time it takes to purchase it will slow down excess consumption ..

I'm so thrilled you are passing on the craftin joys and ethos .. lucky lucky students.

skatey katie said...

oh i LOVE that!!!
how fabulous - love that you shared some of yourself with the kiddos - but - is your head really full of Academia right now? mine hurts lol.
but hopefully if ya prick it, something intelligent may leak out - or not.
actually i am loving it - my ethics paper is fascinating, and i am doing a NZ history of education paper which is really interesting. i just need to learn to draw for my art paper - cos we are supposed to be teaching kids shortly, and i've always "winged it" before - which works fine with little people, but i may get The Big Kids...
love X