Monday 24 November 2008

Garden happenings

Passion flower

With the spring weather has come a few changes in the garden. The most exciting for me was spotting the first flower on our young passionfruit vine (planted in mid-2007) last week. I'm looking forward to a small crop of fruit in the new year.

The peas are also starting to flower and the tomato plants, bean vines and leafy greens (silverbeet, spinach, kale, rocket, mizuna, pak choy) are coming along nicely. I'm hoping for a good crop of summer veges this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passionfruit flowers are so amazing! We planted a few wee things out on the weekend. Looking forward to them too!

speckled egg said...

Well you've cleared something up for me- The purple flowered vine growing on my fence is not a passionfruit after all! I shall have to plant one. Thanks again for the cool tote bag
xx

Kiwi family on adventure said...

Yay! I'll have to go and see if ours are flowering this year. I suspect its not warm enough here yet.....

Amy said...

Yummy. The flowers are so fantastically sculptural and the fruit just devine.