- I have the same model of sewing machine as my Mum - an Elna Air Electronic SU, circa 1978. I learnt to sew on her machine when I was about 4 or 5, and then when I was 8, I was given my own second-hand Elna Lotus machine – great for beginners as it only does straight stitch and zig-zag. A few years ago I decided it was time to buy a machine that had a few more functions and when I found a second-hand model of my Mum’s machine for sale, I knew that was the machine for me!
- I am a vegetarian and have been so for just over two years. I am an animal lover and have always felt slightly uncomfortable about eating meat. On New Year’s Day 2004 my husband and I stopped eating red meat. Two years later we stopped eating all meat. We still eat free-range eggs and vegetarian cheese. The non-vegetarian food I miss the most is marshmallows.
- I don’t like raw tomatoes. It is a texture and acidity thing. I will happily eat them if they are cooked (like in a pasta sauce), or raw but mushed up with other things (like in guacamole), but I cannot stand them in sliced up in salads or sandwiches and will pick them out. Luckily my husband loves tomatoes and is always willing to eat the tomatoes I have picked out of whatever I am eating.
- I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time. I own the BBC series on DVD (Colin Firth is divine as Mr Darcy!) and have watched it many times, and read other Jane Austen novels, yet I have never read Pride and Prejudice. I wish I had done so years ago – so much is lost in the translation from text to small screen!
- I am a cat person. Ever since I was quite little, I have had a pet cat. I like to give my cats “human names” – we have had Sam, Sally, Frank, Lucy, Molly. I think it makes them feel more like part of the family. Although you have to be really careful you don’t use up a name that you might want to use for a future child!
- My favourite bird is the native New Zealand fantail (or Piwakawaka). I love the little “cheep cheep” noise they make and the way they follow you when you walk through the bush, dipping and diving, looking for bugs that you might have disturbed.
- My breakfast of choice, regardless of the season, is a steaming hot bowl of porridge. I make my porridge in the microwave, sometimes with dates or berries cooked in with the oats. I like to mix in a little yoghurt once it’s cooked and top it with sliced banana. Yum yum.
Rules for tagging:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I would like to tag the following kiwi craft blogs:
I think your blogs are great and I try and check them most days. Some of you I have been reading for a while and others are relatively new discoveries for me, so I would love to find out more about you. I apologise if you have been tagged before. And I will not be at all offended if you don't participate!And just so I can post a photo, here is a knitting WIP. Getting closer to having something to show you. Can you guess what it's going to be?